Emily campaigning with her husband, Ed Davey, in Surbiton where Ed was the Lib Dem MP for 18 years
A LONDONER THROUGH AND THROUGH ...
- I was born in Hammersmith, grew up in Richmond and went to School in Kew and Central London.
- I now live in Kingston and my work takes me across London tackling London’s housing.
A CAMPAIGNER ...
- I have stood four times for Parliament, and turned a development seat into a target seat coming within 2,244 votes of taking the seat, whilst building up the councillor base.
- I have raised £10,000s for the Liberal Democrats and have won national recognition for my recruitment of members.
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTARY EXPERIENCE ...
- I have spent 20 years on the front line as a housing solicitor
- I cut my teeth fighting Tory councils over homelessness and poor conditions and Rachman landlords. I have worked for Shelter, in Legal Aid, for social and private Tenants and Landlords.
NOT JUST MARRIED TO THE LIB DEMS!
- While being married to a Lib Dem MP and Cabinet Minister has taught me a great deal about politics, I joined the party many years before meeting Ed and stood for Parliament three times before we married!
- My 20 years' professional work in housing law means I've NOT come from the increasingly common route for many politicians of being a researcher and party worker
- Ed and I have two wonderful children - John and Ellie